SSSC Coach and Staff
We welcome Kristen Avis as our new head coach.
Role of a PA
Program assistants are an important component to any successful CanSkate program. Thank you Anna and Raylene. The role of the program assistant (PA) will vary depending on the unique needs and dynamics of a club but all duties involve assisting the Skate Canada coach in the delivery of the program. The responsibilities of a PA may include:
• Assist the Skate Canada coach in delivering the program on‐ice and off‐ice.
• Demonstrate skills and teaching progressions.
• Supervise practice sessions.
• Lead warm‐ups and cool‐downs under the direction of the Skate Canada coach.
• Reinforce learned skills (follow‐up on coach instruction)
• Lead circuits, drills, group activities.
• Distribute awards (stickers, badges, etc.).
• Take attendance.
• Be a role model for young skaters.
Thank you to our PA's Anna and Raylene!
SSSC is a non-profit organization serving skaters in the Oceanside area. We are made up of a dedicated board of directors that volunteer their time to ensure that skaters in our community have a place to learn and grow in their skating career; wherever their dreams and goals take them.
We are welcoming new volunteers to our board!
Our board of directors was newly elected at our 2023 AGM held in May. Thank you to our volunteers!
Thank you to our past volunteers, skaters, and coaches.
Copyright © 2023
All Rights are reserved. Material may not be used or reproduced without the prior written consent of the SSSC.
Website Design by Oceanside Whichcraft May 2023. Last Update September 2023.